Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior


Words: Fanny J. Crosby
Music: William H. Doane
Copyright: Public Domain
Main Subject: Supplication
Scripture: Genesis 18:3



            1.     Pass me not, O gentle Savior,
                  Hear my humble cry;
                  While on others Thou art calling,
                  Do not pass me by.

                      Refrain:
                      Savior, Savior,
                      Hear my humble cry,
                      While on others Thou are calling,
                      Do not pass me by.

                  Let me at a throne of mercy
                  Find a sweet relief;
                  Kneeling there in deep contrition,
                  Help my unbelief.

                  Trusting only in Thy merit,
                  Would I seek Thy face;
                  Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
                  Save me by Thy grace.

                  Thou the spring of all my comfort,
                  More than life to me,
                  Whom have I on earth beside Thee,
                  Whom in Heav’n but Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment