Monday, September 20, 2010

Blessed Assurance

Frances J. Crosby, 1873
Copyright: Public Domain
Main subject: Assurance
Scripture: Hebrews 10:22





    1. Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
      Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
      Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
      Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.


      • Refrain:
        This is my story, this is my song,
        Praising my Savior all the day long;
        This is my story, this is my song,
        Praising my Savior all the day long.
    2. Perfect submission, perfect delight,
      Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
      Angels, descending, bring from above
      Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
    3. Perfect submission, all is at rest,
      I in my Savior am happy and blest,
      Watching and waiting, looking above,
      Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment